Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Northern Texas Artists



I just got back from email land, with this great link sent to me straight from Texas.
Sarah Jane Semarad, Co-Founder and Executive Director of an amazing organization
called La Reunion, sent this link.
This image is from a large collection of all types of artists studios, with interviews asking the same four questions of each artist. This is such a great site! Have a look.
shown here: Sherry Owens

Media: crepe myrtle (mostly), bronze, steel, mixed media
Number of years in this space: 5 1/2
What do you enjoy most about working here? Walking into a nest that I've built. I have greater focus in my own space. Because it is private, I don't have to keep a path clear and I can sing and dance to any kind of music with the volume up. I love the height of the ceiling, the skylights in the day and the second floor viewing area. Plus I have a “drawing room” or clean space.
What would you improve if you could? More space for more trees and storage for finished work.


Images and text found on Art and Seek,this Web site, and the Art&Seek initiative, are services from KERA public media for North Texas. With support from hundreds of arts organizations and venues in our listening area they are building a community online where creative people can come together to find, discuss, create and react to art."

Thanks Sarah!